Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week In Pictures 26.0

1  Last week I suffered some serious cold/sinus achy stuff that pretty much left me non functioning for the latter part of the week.  I even missed a blogger meet-up which I'm pretty bummed about, but there's always next time!

2  I love when Happy's hair grows in and she starts to look like a furry bear!

3  So I'm sure that everyone knows that Sandy came and went.  I did a lot of prepping, shopping, worrying and after all of that - I needed some Oktoberfest.

4  Because there was a possibility of power outage, I used up some chicken and cooked a whole lot.  This was my husband's request.

5  I made some arroz caldo/rice porridge/congee.  Something my mom always made when the weather was bad or when someone was sick.  This is my ultimate comfort food.

6  Before the storm came, I went to my Mom's and visited her and the doggies.  This pup or should I say old man is the oldest of all of them but still very handsome. 

7  The naughtiest of the three of course didn't want to look at the camera.

8  The youngest of course and the cutie stood on his hind legs until he got some attention.

9  The day after the storm breakfast called for homemade multi grain waffles with vanilla and cinnamon.


Last but not least.. a picture the day after Sandy from my window.  The clouds looked ominous but the sun was trying to peek through.  I am thankful that my family and I made it through without any power outages or damage from fallen trees or high wind gusts.  Thanks to those who asked how things were and sent positive thoughts through Instagram and Twitter.  We were very lucky compared to others, and my thoughts go to those who were unable to stay in their homes, who lost their property due to flood or fires in Connecticut and the other surrounding states who were affected by the hurricane.  Some of us can go back to "normal" tomorrow but then there are those who will take a long time to regain their "normal".  

9 comments:

Elisse said...

Hi from a new follower! I'm glad that you were spared from the superstorm! Not everyone was as lucky!

And I agree arroz caldo is a wonderful comfort food - it makes me think of my mom :)

LyddieGal said...

Loving all your sweet puppy pics this week, glad you are over your cold - I for one an very anxious to get back to normal.

Eli said...

Really liking the puppy ratio on this post!

Glad to hear you're doing fine after Sandy. It's awful to hear how some people are still doing!

Amber said...

My husband and I love Oktoberfest. Its pretty much my favorite thing about fall :)

welldressedmaker said...

glad to hear you are safe, christine! and that you loaded up on some arroz caldo. Haven't had that in years.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Unknown said...

Those waffles sound so good! Glad I got power back this afternoon.. can make food again!

Natali Crystal said...

great post x
looking forward to your next post!

Natali xox
http://www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk/

SymbioticLife said...

You have some adorable puppies. Happy looks fantastic all furry! And now I want waffles. Glad you survived Sandy fairly unscathed.

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures. The dogs are so adorable.

Stop by our blog tomorrow and join in our Christmas Card exchange.
Also enter our giveaway for Crystal Stud Earrings if you haven't already.

Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...