Monday, September 26, 2011

Vietnamese Food: Not Just Pho

Sometimes when people think about Vietnamese food, Pho (prodounced "fuh") which is a beef based noodle soup with noodles, with meat.  It is often personalized with various condiments such as mint, cilantro, basil, bean sprouts, limes, chili peppers, and an array of sauces.  


Source: google.com via Jada on Pinterest

I do like Pho, but my go-to dish is called "bun thit nuong cha gio" which is cold rice vermicelli noodles mixed with fresh vegetables and topped with marinated barbecued pork, served with nuoc cham sauce and some fried spring rolls.  It would be considered as a summer dish but I can eat it any time of the year!  

The meal is complete with taro bubble/boba tea! I get the "slushy" variation mixed with taro and the boba which are tapoica pearls.  So yummy!

Going to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant is not complete without stopping by the Asian market next door.

Thai eggplant.  Thought I'd show some interesting vegetables not usually found at your local grocery store.


2 comments:

Jenny P said...

"Bun thit nuong cha gio" is my fav too, but I didn't know that was the full name! One of my fav vietnamese places make the yummiest salad rolls with a wanton that has been folded up and fried in the middle. YUM. And now I am hungry! For peanut sauce.

christine said...

Yum!! so am i! I think it's time for some Vietnamese food very soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...